With the holidays approaching, stores are going nuts with holiday beauty sets. Whether you’re into skincare, eye makeup or a mix and match of everything, there is something for everyone. I’m a huge fan of holiday sets, as I find you generally get a good bargain when it comes to products vs. price. I recently spotted this Bite Beauty Best of Bite lip set ($28) while birthday shopping for my best friend and fell so in love with it that I had to get one for myself.
The set contains four miniature sized High Pigment Matte Lip Pencils in Madeira, Rhubarb, Quince and Cranberry. Each of the pencils is highly pigmented, creamy and hydrating. Madeira is a pink-toned nude colour, Rhubarb is the perfect my-lips-but-better pink shade, Quince is a bright fuchsia pink and Cranberry is a holiday red. Each full sized pencil on it’s own is $28, which makes this set a great buy. The lip pencils come in a small metal tin (around the size of an iPhone) with a mirror inside the lid- really convenient to pop into a purse on the go.
– pencil design makes for easy and precise application
– creamy formula is hydrating and does not chap lips (impressive for a ‘matte’ pencil)
– formula does not contain any frost/shimmer/glitter
– pencils have a twist bottom and don’t need to be sharpened
– creamy formula can smear easily, so a lip liner is necessary
– the formula can cling to dry/peeling patches (but doesn’t highlight them)
Overall, I think this set is a great buy for anyone who is into lip products or wants to branch out with a new brand. If you’ve tried this set or other Bite Beauty products, do let me know in the comments below! 🙂